B on Target is a safety training center focused on providing a family-friendly, educational environment for central and western Massachusetts residents to learn about:
- The shooting sports
- CPR and first aid
- Self-defense (pepper spray and crime awareness)
And to earn certifications as required by Massachusetts law.
Safe, friendly firearms training for all ages in Central Massachusetts
With gentle instruction, we help you to enjoy shooting sports safely and competently, and to stay within the law. We aim to provide every student with a positive experience and the most up-to-date information.
The process to attain a Massachusetts Firearms license (FID or LTC) is not difficult. B on Target instructors are certified by the Massachusetts State Police to teach the Firearms Safety Course required for a Mass gun permit (FID or LTC).
Our Firearms Safety Course is designed for:
- Beginners interested in the shooting sports
- Women, men, and youth who want a Mass Firearms license (FID or LTC)
- Firearms safety for family members exposed to guns in the home
- Anyone who wants to learn about gun safety, including those with no experience
Safety Classes Available Now
At B on Target, our students receive:
- Personalized instruction by a certified instructor
- Hands-on experience with firearms safety
- One-on-one training at a shooting range (optional, scheduled separately)
You can come to us or we’ll come to you for the following courses:
- Firearms Safety Course for Massachusetts Firearms license for an FID or LTC card
- SABRE Civilian Safety Awareness Program (pepper spray)
- American Red Cross First Aid, CPR and AED
- Basic personal protection at home
- Connecticut firearms safety course for licensing – upon request
Contact us for additional course options. We also offer coaching in the shooting sports upon request.
Upcoming EventsSorry, no upcoming events scheduled.
Be prepared with life-saving training
CPR, First Aid & AED training is required for emergency responders as well as many lay people — including daycare providers, personnel working in healthcare (in addition to physicians and nurses), lifeguards, restaurant staff, and friends and family. You’ll be glad to have having basic lifesaving skills, such as CPR, should an emergency arise. Learn more about First Aid, CPR and AED classes